Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waking up in Florence

I woke up Monday morning at 4am with a sore throat. Perfecto. Took some Tylenol and went to back to bed praying it was just a fluky thing and I would feel better in a few hours.
I slept in until about 9:30am, when I got up, Tim was already on his computer trying to deal with work issues.  Unfortunately, my throat still hurt and I am congested. I got on my computer to deal with my work stuff and try again to load pics for the blog.

We finally got out and about around 1:30pm, just in time to feed me again!

The rain seems to be following us everywhere we go, that combined with stuffy head and sore throat make for a pretty shitty day in Florence. We didn’t even stay out very long, just long enough to eat and snap a few more pics.  Tim still had some issues happening at work so we went back to the hotel, where I took a 2 hour nap.  I felt bad for being sick, especially since we really only had the one full day designated for Florence, but I was having a hard time enjoying anything and Tim seemd preoccupied with work issues.

When I woke up, we got freshened up and headed out again for a walk.  We walked back to a store where we had seen some cool stuff in the window the day before but they had been closed. 

They were closed again. Bummer. Tim was really quiet and I still felt shitty, so we went back to the hotel. Neither of us even felt like eating.

After overhearing some of his phone calls and seeing the pacing and stress written all over my husband, I finally suggested we just leave and go home.  We even got online and looked up flights back to Paris and called to change our reservation for the flight home from Paris. By this time it was getting late so we decided to sleep on it and see if things got better on Tuesday, so to bed we went. Well, I went to bed, I think Tim slept in about 30 minute increments, half sitting up. This is NOT good.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww....:(
    So what is happening??? Are you coming home???
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete