Friday, May 13, 2011

TEN MORE THINGS

Twelve things I learned on this trip:
1- I am never packing a purse with me again.
2- I will figure out how to take 1 suitcase total on the rest of our trips. Not: one for me and one for him. ONE TOTAL.
3- Hash brownies are not all they are cracked up to be. L
4- The Prince and the new princess are honeymooning on our dime.
5- Tim does NOT like to be lost. This is not a cute thing he jokes around about. He REALLY, TRULY hates it.
6- You better grow a set of balls if you are going to drive in Italy.
7-“ CIAO” is an inappropriate way to greet strangers.
8- Italy has some of the best food I have ever tasted.
9- We both know EXACTLY what to say to push the other buttons and limits.
10- Sometimes it is better to cut your losses and go home.
11-I love AMERICAN coffee.
12-There might be a tiny little catholic girl inside me after all.

Eleven things Tim learned on this trip, these are HIS words exactly and we were dying laughing as he listed them out, so I guess we are already laughing about this experience: 
1- Don’t exchange money at the airport. DUH!
2- Note to self: 20% City TAX?????!!!!!
3- NEVER, NEVER, NEVER rent a car without GPS. EVER!!!
4- “Enough with the pictures already, this is not a museum.” Chocolate store owner’s words in Belgium.
5- European Internet has greatly improved but it is still way overpriced.
6- If you want a king sized bed, you better bring it with you. Be prepared for kinked necks.
7- Traveling through Europe is a blast, as long as you don’t do it by "Planes, Traines or Automobiles."
8- The Sistene Chapel ain’t all that when you have to pee and you’re hungry.
9- My wife is one heck of a good driver. Not a single scratch.
10- Never vacation in London.
11- My wife is a fantastic blogger. She’s blogilicious!

You can only look back at a trip like this and laugh, well, I was laughing DURING the trip.  Tim is just now starting to laugh about it as we talk.

The night we got home Shaelynn approached me with a school trip to Europe in 2012. I told her to give me a week and ask again. LOL Actually we all talked about it. Tim suggested we all go over together as a family instead. I can’t believe he uttered any words of going back to Europe…EVER. LOL 


MY highlights of the trip:
-Driving in Europe is actually pretty fun.
-I saw bunny rabbits in a field on Easter Sunday.
-I went to church on Easter Sunday. Several of them. J
-Stewed EELS. I can’t think of anything grosser to STEW.
-Chocolate store- "Enough with the pictures. This is not a museum." It's to bad you can't type with an accent. It loses some of it's funny. Ask Tim to "do" the snotty chocolate owner voice.
-AMSTERDAM
-Millions of people on bikes.
-There IS such a thing as a sex show. Really. Who would have thought?
-If I ever go back, I am going to ask a prostitute about her pricing and pray I don't end up having to "buy" something. LOL
-The Dungeon Haunted house- a lot of it didn't make sense. I had a hard time following the story. I wonder why? ;)
-The Torture Museum
-The Erotic Museum
-The "Coffee Shops"
-Anne Frank house
-The symphony put on by the crazy guy in the boat and the bell tower guy.
-Stonehenge is amazing!
-Red Orange juice.
-Tim being surprised I couldn't understand the airline lady when she gave the safety instructions in Italian. 
-Getting lost in Naples, Italy. I love to be lost.
-Driving on Capua streets
-CAAPPPUUUAAA!!! (Watch Spartacus)
-The crappy Italian hotel- the REAL Italian experience.
-The best dinner of my life
-Getting lost trying to find Pompeii and seeing all the little Italian towns.
-Watching my husband communicate in a foreign language. 
-Pompeii
-The Pompeii brothel
-Florence being so beautiful!
-Ponte Vecchio shopping bridge
-The Colosseum
-Gladiators
-Italian men in uniform. Good eye candy
-Hillary Clinton stayed at our hotel in Rome. No wonder there was so much eye candy.
-The Vatican
-The Sistine Chapel: The bible- upside down.
-Trevi Fountain 4 times
-Mi Amore
-Wine-oh all the lovely wine!
-Roman Mcdonalds
-Palentine Hill
-Train stations with graffiti on the trains.
-Italian Ristorante owners
-Being silly at the Vatican in the columns with Tim
-Standing in the spot where the columns all line up.
-Going on a partial walking tour with Tim
-Pasta ( Does this count as a highlight since I gained a few pounds and I am not to thrilled about that) Thank goodness we walked 5000 miles on this trip. LOL
-Coming home and landing on American soil.

I loved our trip. I am sad that it ended the way it did, but I am SO glad to be home! I am glad to be an American. They don't call it "America, the great" for nothin folks!

Thank you for joining us on our trip! Maybe I will blog the next trip too but don't expect anything for a while. We are staying close for a while!

Peace out!
Kym

No comments:

Post a Comment